COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF KITUI
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
Declaration of Vacancies in the Kitui County Public Service
Kitui County Public Service Board (CPSB) is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments act, 2012 pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010. Section 59 of the County Governments Act 2012 Outlines the functions of the CPSB among them being “appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the county public service including in the Boards of cities and urban areas within the County and to confirm appointments”. Sections 13 and 14 of the Urban Areas and cities Act No. 13 of 2011, revised edition 2015 provides the composition and appointment of Board Members to a Municipality while section 29 of the same Act provides for the appointment of Municipal Manager.
Pursuant to the above provisions Kitui CPSB invites applications from suitably qualified persons who wish to be considered for the positions below:
1. BOARD MEMBER - KITUI MUNICIPAL BOARD FOUR (4) POSTS
Terms of service: Contract
Basic requirements for appointment:
- Be a citizen of Kenya;
- Is ordinarily resident or has a permanent dwelling in the Municipality;
- Carries on business in the Municipality; or
- Has lived in the Municipality for at least ﬁ ve years.
Functions of Municipality Board:
- Oversee the aﬀ airs of the Municipality;
- Develop and adopt policies, plans, strategies and programmes, and may set targets for delivery of services;
- Formulate and implement an integrated development plan;
- Control land use, land sub-division, land development and zoning by public and private sectors for any purpose, including industry, commerce, markets, shopping and other employment centres, residential areas and recreational areas, parks, entertainment, passenger transport, agriculture and freight and transit stations within the framework of the spatial and master plans for the Municipality as may be delegated by the County Government;
- As may be delegated by the County Government, promote and undertake infrastructural development and services within the Municipality;
- Develop and manage schemes, including site development in collaboration with the relevant national and county agencies;
- Maintain a comprehensive database and information system of the administration and provide public access thereto upon payment of a nominal fee to be determined by the Board;
- Enter into such contracts, partnerships or joint ventures as it may consider necessary for the discharge of its functions under this Act or other written law;
- Monitor and, where appropriate, regulate Municipal services where those services are provided by service providers other than the Board of the Municipality;
- Prepare and submit its annual budget estimates to the relevant County Treasury for consideration and submission to the County Assembly for approval as part of the annual County Appropriation Bill;
- As may be delegated by the County Government, collect rates, taxes, levies, duties, fees and surcharges on fees;
- Settle and implement tariﬀ , rates and tax and debt collection policies as delegated by the County Government;
- Monitor the impact and eﬀ ectiveness of any service, policies, programmes or plans;
- Establish, implement and monitor performance management systems;
- Perform such other functions as may be delegated to it by the County Government or as may be provided for by any written law. Emuneration The Members of the Municipality Board will serve for a term of five years, on a part time basis. Their allowances and benefits will be as guided by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission of Kenya.
2. MUNICIPAL MANAGER, JOB GROUP ‘Q’ ONE (1) POST
Salary Scale: Ksh.94,850 x 4,750 – 99,600 x 4,980 – 104,580 x 5,220 – 109,800 x 5,490 – 115,290 x 5,770 – 121,060 x 6,050 – 127,110 p.m.
Terms of service: Permanent
Requirements for appointment
- Be a citizen of Kenya;
- Be a holder of at least a Bachelor’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Working experience of not less than Ten (10) years, ﬁve of which should be in Administration or Management either in the public or private Sector;
- Have qualiﬁcations and knowledge in administration or management; and
- A relevant Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Municipal Manager will report to the Municipal Board and be responsible for the functions provided in the Urban
Areas and Cities Act 2015 which include:
- Overseeing the aﬀairs of the Municipality
- Developing policies, plans, strategies and programmes for delivery of services for approval by the Board;
- Formulation and implementation of integrated development plans as guided by the Municipal Board;
- Development and management of schemes, including site development in collaboration with relevant national and county agencies;
- Implementation of national and county legislation;
- Implementation of Board policies on control of land use, land sub- division, land development and zoning by public and private sectors;
- Promotion of infrastructural development and services within the municipality;
- Preparation for approval and implementation of the Municipal budget as approved;
- Establishment, implementation and monitoring of performance management systems; and
- Implementation of any other Municipal Board Decision.
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and addressed to:
County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200, KITUI
Important information to all Candidates
- Applications should be received at the Kitui County Public Service Board on or before close of business on Thursday, 21st June 2018.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
- a) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- b) Higher Education Loans Board
- c) Kenya Revenue Authority
- d) Credit Reference Bureau
- e) Directorate of Criminal Investigation
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment process.
Click Here To Download the Job Advert for more details:-